Our Chiropractors in Riverdale, NJ
What is chiropractic care? Chiropractic care is an all natural, holistic form of treatment. We are confident to deliver safe, gentle chiropractic care to men, women and children of all ages. After making a diagnosis, we treat pain by healing the source, rather than masking the pain. Compared to medications, chiropractic care is safe and free of negative side effects.
With chiropractic adjustments, your chiropractor can treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Subluxations. A subluxation is a condition that occurs when the spinal column becomes compressed between the vertebrae of the spine.
- Auto accident injuries. Auto accident injuries can lead to muscle tension, soft tissue damage and whiplash.
- Occupational injuries. Occupational injuries can lead to sprains, strains, whiplash and damage from poor ergonomics.
- Neck pain. Neck pain is a common problem that happens as the result of poor ergonomics.
- Low back pain. Many people experience low back pain because of poor lifting and twisting techniques.
- Headaches. Headaches can occur because of whiplash, stress, vision problems and more.
- Sports related injuries. Sports related injuries typically result in soft tissue damage.
Treating Patients with Chiropractic Adjustments
Chiropractic adjustments are the process of realigning the spine to relieve subluxations and improve the functioning of the central nervous system. A Chiropractic adjustment is a procedure that can be done by hand or with tools. In addition to spinal manipulation, we use the following techniques to treat patients:
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help loosen the muscles and improve range of motion.
- Lifestyle advice. Chiropractors teach patients how to make small lifestyle changes that can help improve their quality of life and prevent injuries.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
There are many benefits of chiropractic care, including:
- No invasive techniques.
- No addictive medications.
- Safe for patients of all ages.
Five Components That Contribute To Vertebral Subluxation Complex
A vertebral subluxation is a misalignment of the bones in the spine. There are five components that contribute to vertebral subluxation complex.
- Bone component. When the bones in the spine become disjointed or misaligned, the spaces between the bones begins to narrow. This can cause pain in the body and a lack of communication between the brain and the other organs.
- Nerve component. When the bones become compressed, signals that run along the spinal cord become confused, leading to disruptions in the functioning of the body.
- Muscle component. Muscles help hold the bones in place. When the muscles are pulled or stretched, this can cause a misalignment of the bones. Pulled muscles can also prevent subluxations from healing.
- Soft tissue component. When the soft tissues become stretched and scarred, this can further complicate muscle tension and bone misalignment.
- Chemical component. Once the signals from the body begin to go haywire, the chemicals in the body that would normally help speed the healing process can become imbalanced. This can lead to an extended healing time and other side effects.
Contact Advanced Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy | Riverdale NJ
Call today and schedule your appointment!
Are you ready to discover why Advanced Sports Medicine & Physical Therapy is so effective?
We’re ready to show you. Let us take you back to a place that is cozy and familiar, offering a rediscovery of health and wellness previously known but long lost. Call us at (973) 616-4555 or request an appointment on our website to enjoy any of our services today. Your health is waiting.