Valentine’s Day is HERE! While many couples may have dinner plans or plans to eat a ton of chocolate, we have an activity that will benefit both of you before you celebrate your love: couples workouts! You won’t need a ton of equipment, so if you don’t have time to make it to Advanced Fitness and Wellness in Riverdale, you can do these workouts at home. If you have a set of resistance bands, you’re solid!
- Couple Tricep Kickbacks
- Here’s how you can achieve perfect form: Stand facing each other with your knees bent slightly, core engaged, hips back. Each person should grab one end of the resistance band (left hand for one, right hand for the other). Then, at the same time doing a standard tricep kickback. Remember to keep your elbow tight next to your arm and don’t hyperextend your elbow. Slowly bend your arm and return back to a 90-degree angle and repeat. Do this for 10-12 reps.
- High Five Sit Ups
- First, get down to the floor and onto your back. Both of you will be laying face up, with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, with your ankles overlapping each other. At the same time, each partner comes up and once you’re both up, give each other a high five. Then drop back down and repeat. Do this 20-30 times.
- Wheelbarrow Push-up with Squat
- This one is a little tricky! One person will start in a high plank position, keeping your arms straight, core tight, hands flat on the floor. Then the other person will remain standing at the other partner’s feet. The standing partner will lift the planking partner’s ankles one at a time, and into the wheelbarrow position.
- Then, the planking partner will lower into a push-up. Remember to keep your core tight and your back and legs straight! As the planking push-up partner is lowering, the other partner will descend into a squat simultaneously. Remember, for a perfect form squat, you need to keep your core engaged, knees aligned with your ankles, your core tight and your back straight!
- As you both get back to starting position, 10-12 reps, then switch positions.
Valentine’s Day is about celebrating your love for one another, but what better way to celebrate than with a fun couples workout before you head out on the town! Remember, couples who sweat together, stay together! Can’t make it today? Sweat it out with us this week in one of our classes!